2015 Favourites: Top Ten Tracks

19:00


It's the final post for this years round up of favourites! For the final instalment I have chosen my top ten tracks of the year - there's definitely a variety of genres in there. I hope you enjoy reading!


10. Candyland & Zak Waters - Not Coming Down (Tchami Remix)
I originally came across Not Coming Down at the end of December last year and became a favourite of mine into the early part of the year as well as being a track I still love. The track is unlike I have listened to previously, with this year being the year I got more into house and deep house. I really like the lyrics despite their not being many as well as the production, making it for me a feel good track.


9. EDX - Breathin'
Breathin' is a deep house track that I also came across at the end of last year and was mentioned in the early part of the year on here. I find the track so relaxing to listen to whilst still having a prominent dance theme throughout, still making it interesting. I've often found in the past that slower songs don't change their sound much and therefore I quite quickly loose interest but Breathin' doesn't do that, making it a wonderful listen. The vocal and lyrics also add to the relaxing tone of the song making it truly lovely to listen to.


8. Sander van Doorn, Martin Garrix, DVBBS ft. Aleesia - Gold Skies (DubVision Remix)
In some ways you could class this track as a repeat as last year the original version  of Gold Skies was in my favourites for the year. This year however, I found the DubVision remix and fell in love with it straight away. DubVision have added a new dimension to the track and took it to a whole other level - especially when the drop kicks in. For me, it's such a feel good and party track, never failing to put me in a good mood or make me want to move about. 


7. Martin Garrix vs Matisse & Sadko - Break Through The Silence
Martin Garrix has been a DJ my appreciation and love for has grown an awful lot over the past year with Break Through The Silence topping it off. The production is brilliant, creating a beautiful build up and incredible drop, accompanied by great lyrics throughout. Like so many of Martin's tracks, it never fails to put me in a good mood as well as making me want to move about.


6. Rudimental ft. Foy Vance - Never Let You Go
Never Let You Go was the first track to be released off We The Generation back in April (I believe) and since then has become one of my favourite tracks. It is upbeat, puts you in a good mood and a track that I find leaves me feeling awake. The slower pace of the first verse contrasts with the much faster tempo of the chorus leading into the rest of the song. For me this is my favourite part of Never Let You Go because apart from the first verse and bridge, the rest of the song is upbeat and doesn't slow which I particularly like for this style.


5. DJ Fresh ft. Ella Eyre - Gravity
Gravity, like many dance tracks of Ella's, features beautiful lyrics as well as great production by the DJ featured - in this case DJ Fresh. It creates a great build up to the chorus and drop, before returning to a much calmer and slower pace for the verses, only to repeat again. Like many of the other tracks on my favourites, it never fails to put me in a good mood or make me want to move about. 


4. Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ - Lean On
Lean On is possibly the track that I have listened the most to since its release and yet I still love it and continue to listen to. I love the chilled out sound to the track whilst still having a prominent beats throughout. 


3. Ella Eyre - Always
Third place goes to Ella Eyre with Always, off of her debut album Feline. Always is a track I particularly like because of the lyrics in that I feel a lot of people can relate to it.  I also think Always is incredibly easy to sing along to as well as also putting me in a good mood. The light nature of the production makes the lyrics of what can be of quite a sad topic seem much lighter and not as daunting.


2. Sigma & Ella Eyre - Good Times
Missing out by a narrow margin is Ella Eyre & Sigma with Good Times, released on both Sigma's and Ella's debut albums - Life and Feline. The track has brilliant production, creating build ups and drops in the right way as well as putting the listener in a good mood when listening to it. I think the lyrics are important to remind people that no matter what is happening, there will be something good coming and to hold onto that.


1. Bring Me The Horizon - Throne
My favourite song of the year has to go to Bring Me The Horizon with Throne. I absolutely love everything about the track and could listen to it for ages without getting sick of it. I love the combination of sounds throughout including synths, powerful guitar chords and even a string section which all work beautifully together. Throne powers through for almost the entire song, only really slowing for the bridge which quickly builds up again to go back into the chorus even more powerful than before. As always, I love Oli's vocal especially with tracks off of That's The Spirit that feature him singing instead of screaming (this track does feature a small section of it though).

-
There's the track round up for another year! I hope you also had a wonderful Christmas.


You Might Also Like

0 comments