2014 Favourites: Tracks

19:00

I feel like picking my favourite tracks of the year is by far going to be one of the toughest to choose as part of this 2014 Favourites series. I have however managed to pick a few of my favourite tracks from the year - I couldn't put them into an order though. I hope you enjoy this post and have a fabulous new year!



Paris Blohm ft Taylr Renee - Left Behinds
Left Behinds was a track that I found around June/July time. I found this track through a feature that Deezer have called Flow in which it creates a mix of tracks that the app recommends as well as a combination of tracks that are in your library. I heard the track and I thought it was a great combination of vocals and great production. I managed to listen to this song throughout the remainder of the year and I am still not sick of it.
The track came from Hardwell Revealed: Volume 4 who is a DJ who I am also very fond of. This meant that not only had I found a track that I really enjoyed listening to but an album that was equally as great.

Zedd ft Hayley William - Stay The Night (Zedd & Kevin Drew Remix)
This remix appeared in my April Music Favourites and is still a track that I am very found of. I love the original track as well - it has incredible production as expected from Zedd and the vocal from Hayley Williams does not fall short of what you would expect.
I heard the Zedd and Kevin Drew remix appearing quite frequently in the sets that Zedd was doing throughout the early parts of the year. However, when I heard it being played in his set at Ultra Miami, I knew I had to find out what edit it was because I was a huge fan. I found the EP which contained the remixes of the track and luckily it was the first one I played.
The track itself is very uplifting and definitely one for a party.

Sander van Doorn, Martin Garrix & DVBBS ft Aleesia - Gold Skies
Gold Skies was a track featured in my May Music Favourites playlist. I think that the vocal works incredibly well with the production on the track. I really like that this track is calming than some other EDM tracks that I have heard throughout the year but is still upbeat enough to be played at a party. I have listened to the track throughout the entire year ever since I found it and I'm still not sick of it which I am amazed hasn't happened considering the amount of times that I've listened to it.
When I first heard this track back in May in was very excited about it because Martin Garrix is one of my top three favourite DJs - it did not disappoint. Gold Skies manages to still sound incredible in his sets as well.

Ella Eyre - Comeback
I don't think it would be a favourites post if there wasn't an Ella Eyre track in there somewhere. I have supporting and following Ella's music for nearly two years now and it's great to her now putting out her own music. Comeback was the second single released for Ella's debut album which is dropping early next year.
Comeback is a very fierce song about someone who is unfaithful and who comes running back. I think the track is very empowering and gives you a push to stand up against been taken for a ride. Ella's writing ability also shows through as always.
As most of you are probably aware by now I did see Ella perform in the summer. When she performed this song there was so much energy in the tent and great participation from the audience in the bridge section.

Basement Jaxx ft. ETML - Never Say Never
Throughout this year I rediscovered my love for Basement Jaxx. They were a group that I listened to when I was younger as they were played a lot in my household. However, they were an artist that I didn't actually know what their name was. I managed to find them again because Ella Eyre did a cover of their track Good Luck which is one of my favourites. This then ended up with me listening to all of their songs that I would of heard when I was younger.
I later learnt that Basement Jaxx were due to release their next album - Junto. Never Say Never was a track that I had heard before the actual album release but was a track that I really enjoyed. The song always manages to cheer me up as Basement Jaxx are quite uplifting artists to listen to. I would highly recommend them if you ever need anything uplifting!

Martin Garrix & MOTi - Virus
Virus is a track that I have mentioned within multiple music favourites posts so it only seemed fitting for it to be in my favourite tracks of 2014. I really like the sound of the track - it has a great combination of beats and production to go along with an incredible vocal. I have never been sure what drawn me to this track to much therefore it is hard to explain my love for it.
As mentioned earlier, Martin Garrix is one of my top three DJs so I am always keeping an eye out for new music that he is putting out there. Virus was a song that was appearing in multiple DJs sets but multiple people did not know much about the track other than it was great.
I know I said I wouldn't but the tracks in order but I would definitely say that Virus is my favourite of the year!


Ellie

Follow me on Twitter   •   Follow me on Instagram   •   Follow me on Bloglovin 

You Might Also Like

0 comments