Up and Coming Artist: Saint Raymond

19:00

As I haven't chosen an album to review this week, I thought that I would share with you one of my favourite up and coming artists. Callum Burrows or better known by his stage name as Saint Raymond is a singer/songwriter from Nottingham, UK. He has recently been supporting Ed Sheeran as part of his European tour.


Over the past couple of weeks I have been listening to his music increasingly more and more. I have had his EPs on my iPod for months, I loved them and began the journey of increasingly enjoying his music. However recently, I began watching the videos that went along with the songs which normally starts off a bit of an obsession for an artists music. From doing this, I found a playlist with even more tracks from him including covers and music from and EP that I had not heard of until this point.


There was a particular track from the EP called Letting Go which I loved straight away. The opening  I loved which instantly grabbed me. I love tracks that have a lot of layering with different sounds - which this introduction had. The song also reminded me not to hold onto things that aren't worth it but in a nice subtle way that allowed you to do so in your own time unlike other songs of this sort. The lines that stood out the most to me were:
This is the time,
You know that it's right
I'm letting go



Another track by Saint Raymond that I loved is called Ghosts from Ghosts EP. Likewise to Letting Go, this song has a large amount of layering with the sounds used. This song is one that I can't really explain why I love it so much - everything just seems right and sounds incredible. However, like so many other tracks, all I can say is listen to it for yourself and see whether you like it or not. Hopefully you do!


Finally I hope to see Saint Raymond live in the future.
All the links to the videos, social media and music by Saint Raymond will be shown below.

On another note, I am hoping to do more of these up and coming artist profiles for artists that I particularly like. However, I can't say how often those will occur.

Videos
Everything She Wants
Letting Go
Ghosts

Music (links are to Amazon)
Escapade EP
Young Blood EP
Ghosts EP
I Want You - Single

Media
Website
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
SoundCloud
Instagram
iTunes Page

Tickets

Ellie

Follow me on Twitter   •   Follow me on Instagram   •   Follow me on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments