Up And Coming Artist: Tori Kelly

19:00

Background Image

For this instalment of Up and Coming Artists I am going to be talking to you about Tori Kelly, and American singer songwriter. She may be most well known in the UK for her collaboration with Professor Green on a track called Lullaby. She has also toured with Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. Tori is an artist that I have been following for nearly a year now and is someone I have found to be very genuine with her music. On her track Nobody Love, her vocal sounds as good during an acoustic session as it does on the record. I particularly like artists that I are very honest when recording and therefore sound similar live.
The video below is a performance of Nobody Love for Vevo Dscvr.


I'll admit that I was surprised to like her music because her voice is very good in that, I think, it sounds so good that it's not individual. Now to you that might not make a lot of sense but generally I like artists that have a kink in their voice may that makes them stand out even more to me - that's why I really love Ella Eyre's voice and are not so keen on Ariana Grande's.
However, there was something about Tori Kelly that made me abandon that tradition that I stand by and invest my time looking into her music and I highly recommend that you do the same!

Tori's album is currently up for pre-order in the US and Australia.


Ellie

Follow me on Twitter   •   Follow me on Instagram   •   Follow me on Bloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 comments