Album Review: Chaos And The Calm [7]

19:00


Artist: James Bay
Album Title: Chaos And The Calm
Release Date: 23 March 2015
Genre: Alternative
Tracks Standard: 11
Tracks Deluxe: 15
Buy It
Amazon (Standard)
iTunes (Standard)
iTunes Deluxe

Chaos And The Calm is the debut album from Brits Critic Choice Award 2015 winner James Bay. This has been an album that I personally have looked foreward to for quite some time and I was definitely not disappointed! The album features a lot more upbeat songs than Inthought there would be as his EPs feature much slower and calmer songs such as Let It Go and Scars. Despite being surprised by the upbeatness of some of the tracks, I thoroughly enjoyed it as it a side to James' music that we have not seen before.
My favourite tracks on the album are Collide and Move Together - two complete opposites which show the variety the album possess.
Collide is one of the more upbeat songs on the album and is a type of song that I never thought I would hear for James. The songs has quite a jazzy influence which again is very different to James' normal sound but works really well! The track also a very prominent lead from the well loved guitar that James uses for most of his songs. Everything about this song is happy and provides a great cheering up song if you are feeling down.
Move Together is the complete opposite  of Collide - it is much slower and the track itself is beautiful. I believe that this track was on one of James' earlier released EPs and was a track that I particularly liked before. The track features a guitar lead along with a subtle sound of drums and a beautiful choir to back up the lyrics of James' voice.
The album as a whole is an easy listen and very good for relaxing or revision. However, I feel like when the hype has died down slightly I won't be listening to the album very much which does sadden me. As always you may think differently so please check it out anyway.

Ellie

Follow me on Twitter   •   Follow me on Instagram   •   Follow me on Bloglovin

You May Also Like:

You Might Also Like

0 comments