Up And Coming Artist: Against The Current

19:00

Disclaimer: I do not own the image above used for the cover art of this post. It was taken from here

Against The Current are a band that I have been following for a while now and I genuinely love their music an awful lot! I don't know if I would class them as an Up And Coming Artist but I do think that they deserve a lot more recognition for their work.
I came across their covers on YouTube when they collaborated with another artist on YouTube called Alex Goot. The cover was of a track called Find You, originally performed by Zedd, Miriam Bryant and Matthew Koma who are all artist that I love an awful lot. I really liked the cover and what Alex and Against The Current had done to it, therefore prompting me to look them up. The cover is below; Find You Cover - Alex Goot. Against The Current


I then listened to some of their original music as well as their own covers. Against The Current also have an EP called Infinity which I particularly love! I find the EP so easy to listen to, whether that be writing this post, doing homework or walking about.
What I love about this band for starters is Chrissy's voice - main vocalist. I really like the sound of her voice as I find it so different to anything that I have heard before or that I listen to. Another thing I love about the band is how the try and combine pop and rock. For example, they recently covered Uptown Funk with Set It Off, putting a rock spin on what has been a very popular pop song. You can listen to it below; Uptown Funk - Against The Current & Set It Off


I really like what Against The Current did with this song especially as I wasn't overly keen on the original and I've had this on repeat!
My favourite original song by Against The Current is called Another You (Another Way). I really like the lyrics to the track and I think that many people will find it relatable. I also really like the melody and find it incredibly easy to listen to in any situation. You can listen to the track below; Another You (Another Way) - Against The Current


Against The Current Links;
Twitter
Facebook

Pre-Order Gravity EP HERE

Ellie

Follow me on Twitter   •   Follow me on Instagram   •   Follow me on Bloglovin

You May Also Like:

You Might Also Like

0 comments